Budgeting & Money Planning
Getting your money life sorted can be a real challenge. Debt that is unmanageable can adversely affect your mental and physical wellbeing and create issues with your relationships. The good news is you don’t have to go through financial hardship alone. Our team of friendly financial mentors are here to support you and work alongside you to get your money sorted.
Why use the CARE Budgeting Service?
Our budgeting service is strictly confidential and non-judgemental. We are here to support you into greater empowerment and regaining control of your money life.
We take a holistic approach when working with our clients. We are aware that financial problems often stem from other areas of life so we look at offering alternative approaches and strategies. We work closely with the CARE counselling team as well as other community services to ensure you have the support you need.
What we do is give you an opportunity to talk through your situation and our financial mentors will work alongside you to develop a money plan. Ideally we want to get our clients to a place where they can live within their means while still enjoying life and saving for the future.
How can we support you?
We are dedicated to ensuring that you’re back on track with your money life. We can support you in a number of practical ways such as
- Free budgeting advice from trained financial mentors
- Provide expertise in insolvency such as Summary Instalment Orders, Non-Asset Procedure and Bankruptcy, and Inland Revenue debt
- Help you negotiate with creditors and collection agencies
- We can write support letters on your behalf
- Help to connect you with other people and services in the community that can provide additional support
- Provide advocacy service - especially Work and Income and Housing NZ.
- Budgeting support for small businesses
How can you access our budgeting service?
We always endeavour to make our services as accessible as possible. Here are a few options of how you can take advantage of our service.
64 Waipani Road,
Te Atatu Peninsula,
We can visit you at your home (conditions apply)