Whether you are going through a tough time in your life or simply want to reassess your life goals to get the most out of life, our team of professional counsellors can provide you with the dedicated support you need.
What is counselling and how can it support me?
We are here to support you towards wholeness and helping you discover a new and more satisfying process of personal growth and development. In counselling we help you explore your difficulties and concerns, and develop more satisfying and resourceful ways of living. This includes:
- exploring with you why you feel, think and act the way you do
- help you to understand yourself better, what your values are and what motivates you
- help you to set goals and guide you towards how you can achieve them
- help you relate better to others
- help you to develop higher self-esteem and respect for others
- explore with you your spirituality
- help you to implement change
What counselling services do you provide?
We can offer safe and professional counselling on a variety of issues, including:
- ACC Funded Sexual Abuse counselling
- Anger management
- Family relationship issues
- Child and adolescent issues
- Domestic violence
- Abuse – sexual, physical, spiritual
- Pre-marriage and marriage
- Spirituality and Faith transitions
- Stress and burnout prevention and recovery
Free sexual abuse counselling
There is free ACC funded sexual abuse counselling at CARE Waitakere Trust. We can offer services in Te Atatu, Glen Eden, Grey Lynn, Massey and Helensville for children, adolescents and adults. See 'Our ACC Providers' page for ACC approved counsellors or contact us for more information.
Counselling for Children
We offer subsidised counselling for children up to the age of 16 years.
Please contact us for more information or to make an appointment for your child to meet with one of our child therapists.
We can also offer clinical supervision for counsellors, trainee counsellors and others in people-helping professions and roles.
Choosing a counsellor
It is important to find a counsellor you can be comfortable working with. The first session will enable you to find out about us and decide if you wish to continue. Remember, you have the right to stop counselling at any time you choose and for whatever reason. You do not have to justify to us your decision to stop.
After hours counselling sessions are available, this can be arranged with the counsellor.
From 1 July 2016 CARE Waitakere Trust is able to offer counselling in Massey, in addition to Te Atatu Peninsula.