Family Support-Social Work
Some of the ways we can help include:
- Checking you are getting the correct WINZ entitlements
- Supporting you when you request financial assistance from WINZ (e.g. bond, temporary accommodation supplements, disability allowance)
- Housing New Zealand Advocacy: Support with registering for a Housing NZ rental property, transfer requests; assistance in private rental issues.
- Court support (Civil, criminal and family court issues).
- Assisting those who are new to the area or with minimal support networks.
- Employment related issues
This is a free service based in Te Atatu Peninsula. (Home visits may be available from the second appointment onward).
Contact us to find out more information or to schedule an initial appointment with our Registered Social Worker.
FAMILY SUPPORT-Food assistance
Te Atatu Peninsula Community Food Bank
The Te Atatu Peninsula Community Food Bank provides food boxes to those located in Te Atatu on a Tuesday and Thursday (by appointment; pick up only). If you and your family need help with food please contact reception on email@example.com or phone 09 834 6480 for more information.
To make a donation towards purchasing fresh food items for food boxes please go to our Givealittle page.
Community Christmas Hamper Project
This local hamper project takes place during November-December. Contact us if you, your business, school or community group would like to be involved.
FAMILY SUPPORT-Cooking groups
Available during Term 2 & Term 3 of the school year, the Healthy Meals on a Budget Cooking Group is an interactive cooking group made up of 5-6 workshops that take place on a Friday morning. This free group is ideal for anyone who is interested in:
- learning cooking skills
- exploring nutritious recipes and trying them out at home
- feeling more confident when cooking
- learning how to reduce food waste
- gain tips for getting the best out of a tight food budget
Latest group flyer: August 2018 Group
Special thanks to the Love Food Hate Waste Fund and Henderson-Massey Local Grants for their support of this year's groups.