CARE WAITAKERE FAMILY SUPPORT SERVICES AND SOCIAL WORK ARE STILL OPERATING OVER THE COVID-19 LOCKDOWN PERIOD. OUR SOCIAL WORKER LAUREN IS AVAILABLE BY EMAIL, PHONE OR SKYPE TO OFFER A WIDE VARIETY OF SUPPORTS. THIS INCLUDES (BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO): ACCESS TO RESOURCES, COPING STRATEGIES, EMOTIONAL / PRACTICAL DIFFICULTIES FACED BY INDIVIDUALS, RELATIONSHIP CHALLENGES WHILE IN LOCKDOWN, AND FAMILY CHALLENGES SUCH AS PARENTING AND/OR BEHAVIOURAL DIFFICULTIES. YOU ARE ABLE TO CONTACT LAUREN BY PHONE: 0211401090 OR EMAIL: LGODSIFF@CAREWAITAKERE.ORG.NZ
Family Support-Social Work
CARE Waitakere's Family Support/Social Work service aims to provide a strengths-based approach to clients and their whanau. This is is centred around your needs and goals.
Some of the ways we can help include:
- Checking you are getting the correct WINZ entitlements
- Supporting you when you request financial assistance from WINZ (e.g. bond, temporary accommodation supplements, disability allowance)
- Housing New Zealand Advocacy: Support with registering for a Housing NZ rental property, transfer requests; assistance in private rental issues.
- Advocacy with Oranga Tamariki and other government agencies
- Parenting support and strategies
- Grief and stress strategies
- Family relationships
- Court support (Civil, criminal, drug and alcohol and family court issues).
- Assisting those who are new to the area or with minimal support networks.
- Employment related issues and job seeking
This is a free service based in Te Atatu Peninsula. (Home visits may be available from the second appointment onward).
For more information you can contact our registered social worker, Lauren Godsiff on (09) 834 6480, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Lauren is available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
FAMILY SUPPORT-Food assistance
Te Atatu Peninsula Community Food Bank
The Te Atatu Peninsula Community Food Bank provides food boxes to those located in Te Atatu on a Tuesday and Thursday (by appointment; pick up only). If you and your family need help with food please contact reception on email@example.com or phone 09 834 6480 for more information.
To make a donation towards purchasing fresh food items for food boxes please go to our Givealittle Page
Community Christmas Hamper Project
This local hamper project takes place during November-December. Contact us if you, your business, school or community group would like to be involved.
For information on our food parcels and Christmas hampers, please contact Erica on 09 834 6480, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAMILY SUPPORT-Cooking groups
Our Healthy Meals on a Budget Cooking Group is an interactive cooking group made up of 5-6 workshops that take place on a Friday morning. This free group is ideal for anyone who is interested in:
- learning cooking skills
- exploring nutritious recipes and trying them out at home
- feeling more confident when cooking
- learning how to reduce food waste
- gain tips for getting the best out of a tight food budget
Latest group flyer: August 2018 Group
Special thanks to the Love Food Hate Waste Fund and Henderson-Massey Local Grants for their support of this year's groups.
For information on when our next group is running, please call Fiona Halliwell on 09 834 6480 or email@example.com.