Family Support-Social Work
CARE Waitakere's Family Support/Social Work service aims to provide a strengths-based approach to clients and their whanau. This is is centred around your needs and goals.
Some of the ways we can help include:
- Advocacy and support when dealing with government agencies (Oranga Tamariki, WINZ, Kainga Ora)
- Assessment of your social needs and seeing through appropriate referrals for support.
- Family Harm advocacy and support
- Parenting support and strategies
- Grief and stress strategies
- Family relationships
- Court support (Civil, criminal, drug and alcohol and family court issues).
- Assisting those who are new to the area or with minimal support networks.
- Connecting you with housing, AOD, disability, health, mental health and employment services where appropriate
This is a free service based in Te Atatu Peninsula. (Home visits may be available from the second appointment onward).
For more information you can contact our registered social worker, Lauren Godsiff on (09) 834 6480, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Lauren is available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.